Our mission at The Market Gardener is to help multiply the number of successful regenerative small-farms all over the world, and with so much interest in our work, we want to say thanks by offering a special opportunity!
This year, we will award a total of six scholarships. Each scholarship recipient will receive free tuition to the Market Gardener Masterclass (worth $2000 USD) – our self-paced, online program designed for growers to take their farming knowledge to the next level. Please note: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 21st at 11:59pm EST.
Recipients will be announced at the beginning of October so make sure you follow us on Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything!
Submit a post on your social media and tag us using @themarketgardeners on Instagram and/or @themarketgardener.org on Facebook and use the hashtag #themarketgardenerscholarship. Please make sure to make your post public – otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Please include a photo of yourself (preferably on your farm)
- Showcase the place where you currently farm
- Up to you – be creative!
Tell us about yourself, your farming experience, main farming goals and how participating in the Masterclass can help you achieve these goals! Captions should be no more than 2200 characters, including the #themarketgardenerscholarship hashtag.
Please note that as we accept applications, we may re-post your information on our social media to raise awareness about the opportunity.
Once you have completed your post, make sure to fill out the form here – this will formally register you as a scholarship applicant!
- The entry deadline is Tuesday, September 21 at 11:59pm EST.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
In early October, recipients will be announced through The Market Gardener social media and will be contacted via email.
FILL OUT THE FORM
- This opportunity seeks to support small-scale mixed vegetable farmers/market gardeners that are currently farming as their primary source of income and intend to maintain a long-term career in agriculture.
- Each applicant must be the farming operation owner.
- Farmer part-owners of cooperative or collective farms are qualified to apply. Please choose just one owner to represent the operation in the application.
- Please note it is not mandatory to own the farmland, but each applicant must be the full or part-farm business owner.
- Please note that at this time, managers/lead growers of non-profit farms are not accepted.
- Applicants must use regenerative/organic farm practices that protect natural resources for future generations. This includes practices that promote living soil, including cover cropping, crop rotation, composting and the refusal of using pesticides, herbicides and genetically modified seeds.
- These scholarships are available to farmers of all races and gender identities. Please note that at least 50% of our scholarships will be awarded to applicants that identify as Black, Indigenous or as a person of color.
- Our Review Committee is seeking clear explanations that demonstrate your commitment to farm and to supporting your local community with fresh organic food. We also want to understand how participating in the Masterclass will clearly impact your success and future with farming.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join 2900+ growers from around the world in taking your farming game to the next level! The deadline for applications is Tuesday, September 21st at 11:59pm EST, so make sure to complete your Instagram and/or Facebook post along with your application form by then.