Sorry, registration closed
Our mission at the Market Gardener Institute is to help multiply the number of successful regenerative small-farms all over the world by empowering current and future generations of growers.
This year, we will award a total of twenty scholarships. Each scholarship recipient will receive free tuition to the Market Gardener Masterclass (worth $2000 USD) – our self-paced, online program designed for growers to take their farming knowledge to the next level. Please note: The deadline to apply is Sunday, September 18th at 11:59pm EST.
Recipients will be announced at the beginning of October so make sure you follow us on Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything!
Here’s how to apply
Submit a post on your social media and tag us using @themarketgardeners on Instagram and/or @marketgardenerinstitute on Facebook and use the hashtag #themarketgardenerscholarship. Please make sure to make your post public – otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Share a nice picture of yourself ( ideally at your farm)
- Showcase the farm where you currently work
- Your choice – be creative!
Tell us about yourself, how you got into growing, why you farm and how participating in the Masterclass can help you achieve your farming goals! Captions should be no more than 2 200 characters, including the #themarketgardenerscholarship hashtag.
Please note that as we accept applications, we may re-post your information on our social media to raise awareness about the opportunity.
Once you have completed your post, make sure to fill out the form here.
This will formally register you as a scholarship applicant.
- The entry deadline is Sunday, September 18th at 11:59pm EST.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- In early October, recipients will be contacted via email and publicly announced through The Market Gardener social media.
- Our aim is to support small-scale diversified vegetable farmers/market gardeners that are currently farming as their primary profession and intend to maintain a long-term career in agriculture.
- Applicants must use regenerative/organic farm practices that protect natural resources for future generations. This includes practices that promote living soil, including cover cropping, crop rotation, composting and the refusal of using pesticides, herbicides and genetically modified seeds.
- Our selection committee is looking for a clear description of your commitment to agriculture and to providing fresh, organic food to your local community. We also want to understand how your participation in the Masterclass will significantly impact your success and future in agriculture.